Originally the English had looked to establish their fort at the site of what is now known as Fort Beausejour.
This map must have been made sometime in the summer or fall of 1749 as the French began their construction on the site in 1748/9. Note, however, that the French Fort at Beausejour is recorded only as a small French settlement rather than as a fortress under construction. We should appreciate, however, that such a map would likely take some time to draw.
They English arrived first in April 1750, were repulsed, and returned in September.
They were, however, inaccurate in their siting of Beaubassin which they show as being (probably) 200 yards further north and east than was the case. (From archeology it seems that the original settlement was more aligned with the big bend in the Messagoueche River).
They also appear to have originally planned to site their fortress on the north side of the River on low lying ground. They may well have changed their site "on the fly" in September 1750 when they offloaded their men and suppliers south of the river.